Re: [at-l] Please create new term

Labels and categories are tricky.  For my nickel (and I'm *not* hard
over about it), the term 'thru hiker' should be reserved to mean a
single season hike of an entire trail (e.g. AT thru hiker, PCT thru
hiker, etc.).  Once you hike it in another way (multiple seasons,
section hikes, etc.) we may want to identify another term (2000 miler
certainly fits, there may be others).  Problem is that the experience is
so personal that a label is not very adequate.  We'd better just plan on
getting together once a year and carefully and fully describing our
hiking experiences.  Nirvanna!

Hike on!!

Jim Lynch...