[at-l] MSR Whisperlight lighting question

Since I had too little gas with me to get the MSR to work properly on my
last trip, I thought I'd better try it out before this weekend's trip. For
those of your with this little beast: is it normal for the flame to flare
up and around the unit from the botton cup before the gas climbs the wick?
I've tried several times, but all I seem to be able to get it to do is make
flames that are a little TOO big for plopping a pot on safely.

Appreciate your help,
Sandy
GA->ME 1999	<downs@nb.net>	Visit Cyberwall! http://www.nb.net/~downs