[at-l] re: dog packs

jeff:

we have a Wenaha(sp?) brand.  this is an excellent pack, and tristan used
it for HF-ME in 92, among other hikes.  the best feature is the 6 D-rings
on the top, to help tie a ground sheet or dog pad or leash to.  (we got
lots of rides and yogis because of the small ridgerest strapped to
tristan's pack - suckered every tourist).

micah (hiking with solophile) has one.  they come in a variety of sizes.  i
highly recommend this pack.

we also have a smaller Adventure-16 for short hikes.  it works fine, but
the quality difference is evident.

also look at mountainsmith's line of dog packs.  very rugged, lots of
external tie downs, expensive but bombproof.

mike
ke kaahawe