[at-l] Trail magic

This year, like most years, my summer backpacking is limited to weekends.  I
usually try to have stuff in my pack for any thru hikers I run into since
a couple extra pounds for just a weekend doesn't matter much.  I am wondering
what you prior thru hikers on this list craved most, especially by the time you
reached the NJ NY section.  I have found fresh fruit to be exciting to thru
hikers but there must be more.  (I am sure that a beer ball in the trunk of my
car at a road crossing would also be appreciated)
Happy trails
Rich