[at-l] A Day hike

Yesterday (April 14), I went day hiking south from Neel's Gap.  I saw
Goethe (who said he wished he'd listened more to the advice the list had
to offer), Pittsburgh (the slackpacker.  I knew him from my thru hike
last year), and Pete Fornof, who is hiking with a friend.   Of course I
saw many more hikers than that, but those were the ones that the list
would know.   Last year I heard that Southbounders would put their heads
down so they wouldn't have to talk, and I can see why.  If a southbounder
spoke to every northbounder, he'd never make it to Georgia.  I almost had
to cut my hike in half!

Gail