Re: [at-l] day hike suggestions

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Carrie Dunning wrote:

> My friend and I are going on a road trip at the end of May. She's not a
> backpacker, so we'd like to car camp and do day hikes- maybe I can con her
> into one overnight. We'll be in the DC area, and I'd love suggestions for
> day hikes or overnight loops in Virginia or anywhere else somewhat close.
> Is Shenandoah NP really crowded?

Old rag is a great day hike.  It is one of the closest mountains near d.c.
Now it costs $5 per person to hike it, but the receipt is valid in nearby
skyline drive (I think this is right) for 1 week.

This should be a great time to do old rag.  You can find info on the web
about it too. (I don't have it at the moment.)

During the week nothing should be very crowded.
-Galen