[at-l] Light Weight Pack's

For those following the ultra light backpacking discussions.  I've finally completed work on my new backpack.  After weighting my Kelty (5.25 #'s), I wanted to see if I could make it lighter. I chose an external frame pack because I need a hip belt to support the weight (bad back) and to allow better airflow between me and the pack.

I took my Kelty Tioga and stripped it to the frame.  Then I removed everything from the frame not necessary.  I designed and made new bag for the pack.  The new bag has the same internal volume as the Tioga. After putting it all back together last night, the new pack weights in at 3.5 #'s.  Since the new pack is made from waterproof material, I don't need to carry a pack cover. The Tioga with pack cover weighs 5.5+ #'s. The new pack comes in with a weight savings of 2 #'s.

After several months of indecision, we've finally decided on trail names here.  I thought of numerous names until it dawned on me that my Domain name was the perfect trail name. We chose Linda's name to complement mine.  Brandon's name came from a previous email to him from someone on this list.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
Linda "Rainbow" Moak
Brandon "Lucky 13" Moak

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef