[at-l] more on Primus 3273

>SANDY@mayo.edu wrote:
>our packs. This stove failed the test. The piece that supposedly
>acts as the flame control fell off in my hand on the third use
>leaving the stove burning at full flame with noway to turn it off

 I had the same problem with my first MLS stove, plus the rivet
that held one of the fold-out support arms came out & the arm fell
off. So I put I put lok-tite on the screw that holds the flame
control knob (re: "the piece"). I smacked each of the rivets with a
hammer. So it did cost me a little more than $22.50 ( 5 cents lok-tite
and five min. of time). I have used this stove for over a year now and
it still works great. It got me & a friend thru the Whites & the
Mahoosucs in 3 weeks on four 230 gram fuel cartriges. Sorry you had
such a bad experience with the MLS, I'm sure the Titanium 3273 with
the black walnut (or is it cherrywood?) flame control knob will serve
you well and hope that nothing will ever go wrong with it and cause you
to run behind a tree and leave an out-of-control fire unattended on
the AT.

> Lesson learned : If it sounds too good,, too be true,,
>                  then it surely is,,, too good,, to be true .

  Another lesson : If you lack the aptitude to maintain for your
		   equipment you better buy the most expensive
		   with the hope it will never malfunction.

> > While strictly speaking it is illegal to
> > mail them in regular US mail...
>
> This is incorrect. They can be mailed if properly labeled
> and the necessary paper work filled out. They must
> go by ground, and have a flameable label on them .
> And there are size and weight restrictions as well.
> Not to mention added cost.

 What you describe is not "regular US mail", as I stated.

I am still
"The Professor"
  GA > ME 95'
http://www.early.com/~crow/