Re: [at-l] Dehydrating

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Sandra Downs wrote:
I have dehydrated a bunch of ground beef with garlic and onions and it
turned out well.  Try to buy as lean as beef as possible but watch the
cost. Then cook it up with lots of Garlic, onions,  salt and pepper.  Try
and spoon the fat out of the meat or let it cool in a strainer to drain
any excess fat.  Then put butchers paper, the brown stuff over 3/4 of
your trays, and cover it with ground beef.
Do the same thing for a thick spaghetti sauce. But turn over chunks on
the trays after about 8 hours.  Moisture will be trapped between the
paper and the food.  Then break it apart to check for moisture.

That's it.

Cheers,
Kieran

Well, I'm running my first batch of strawberries and bananas through the