[at-l] World's Worst Privies

Recent articles about privies remind me of something I read on a newsgroup
several years ago, about the world's worst johns.

The world's second-worst john is at a mountain hut in the French Alps; it
hangs out over a 3000-foot cliff, and the wind is so strong that it
sometimes blows the stuff back up.

The world's _worst_ toilet (unless it was destroyed in the war) is in the
Royal Ambassador Hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan.  The traditional toilet there
is simply a hole in the floor in a corner of a room, however, the hotel was
the first multi-story building they ever built, and all the holes are in
line...

 --  Frank     reid@indiana.edu