[at-l] I finally get to hike.

Hi, all!

Haven't written for a while, but, I finally have a question.

This is for you who know north Carolina.  I have the entire week before
Memorial day off.  And, I'm going to hike! Finally!   I thought about
doing the entire AT in GSMNP.  My problem here is I'm not too thrilled
about all shelters, no tenting, Mice, crowds, and the lack of a stream
nearby for the sleeping music.  So, I figured I would just roam about in
the park for the week.  Which is not a bad idea.  But, as an
alternative, I'm thinking about the AT just north or south of the Park.
I don't have to stay in the shelters do I?  Are there camp sites near
any streams/ponds, or are most of the sites high altitude headwaters?
What about the current thru-hikers?  Most should be past this area by
mid may, right? It would be nice to meet & talk to a few.

How 'bout you Pete?  Any favorite one week hikes in this area?

Thanks, in advance, for any input.

t.
--

Tom Fort