Re: [at-l] hello?

Freeze-Dry
I have built a couple of 24 sq feet dehydrators to get my food prepped
for my late April departure.  Unfortunately, it looks like I am only
going to be able to do about 100 lbs of meat for me and my Mom.  The
result it that I need stuff dehydrated fast.  I found someone willing to
do it for me.

www.freeze-dry.com
Their prices are resonable and they will do custom orders.
For example $21(Can.) for 1lb of chicken.  Chicken up here in Canada goes
for about $4.50 to $6.00 a pound.  1 lb dehydrated is three pounds
chicken wet so their is a mark up of $1-2.50 a pound.  Not bad if you
need to get going. Check them out.

I have a couple of great cook book including dry it you'll like it, and
the well-fed back-packer.   I am planning on purchasing the remaining
ingredients dry and preping a 3week rotating meal plan.

i.e. 300 Breakfasts(21 types)
i.e. 8-10 different types of drinks
10 diffent types of soups.
freeze-dried vegetables with beef, chicken, vegetable,cream soup mix.  Then
add rice, ramen, mac, angle hair, shells.  Pretty soon the variety adds
up.
Lunches are my biggest concern because I can't come up with 21 no-cook
lunches.  I would like to mail them to myself.

Some time after the 18th of April I plan to return to my home in Ottawa
and go crazy preping food for about a week.
If anybody wants to jam then let me know.
Cheers,
Kieran