[at-l] Ray Jardine's Ultra-light Hiking Advice

Hi,
        I am planning to join the class of 97 in about 3-4weeks once I
finish
my exams and complete my eng. degree.  I have read alot of books on the
AT and hiking.  I considered myself a pretty well seasoned thru-biker
having completed large trips in Canada, the U.S. and South America.  But
I have no significant hiking experience.

The most profound source of information I have found has been the PCT
thru-hikers handbook.  I would like to go ultralight.

I plan to include:
A tarp&mosquito net not a tent
running shoes instead of hiking shoes
A quilt(with synthetic insulation) not a down mummy bag
A 25L bag with no hip belt or chest belt, every gadget stripped.
Total weight around 12 pounds upto 20 lbs with food(max).
If anybody has tried any of this on the AT I would appreciate some
feedback.

Amazon