Re: [at-l] KneeQuestion

Sounds like condro malasia (sp), I'm not an expert, other than having
it.  Get a professional opinion.

Pain and upstairs are a key indicator. Comes from having quadracepts too
weak to control the tracking of you knee cap.  It's degenerative, won't
self-correct.  As the knee is injured, it releases enzymes that soften
the cartalidge for repair and further activity rubs against the softer
cartalidge.  The pain makes your tracking worse, further weakening the
muscle and spreading the damage.

It's easy to fix, but takes a litle time.  Therapy involves
progressively heavier leg lifts, starting with just your feet and socks.
Anti-inflamitories may be a big help, but this area is changing and I'm
not up to date.

Personally I've had better results, after controlling the sysmptons,
with hill running than the leg lift routine.

This is more of a grinding problem, not helped by knee braces.

Get a good diagnosis, often primary care evaluation is sufficient.
--

Kirk Barley
MCB Quantico VA