[at-l] BDU's

>From: dbussard@lakers.lssu.edu
Subject: [at-l] BDU's

What is the opion of wearing and experiences with wearing BDU's on the
AT for thru hikers.  BDU's are military clothing "camos".  Especially
pants. All opinions weclome.  Are they good for long hauls?
Thanks

I used to wear them for comfort and because the were baggy . There are very
heavy esp. if they get wet, when they get wet because THEY WILL GET WET. I now
wear Rail Riders pants if i wear pants at all. They weigh only a few onces, dry
in minutes have reinforced seat and kness, are wind proof, and some rain
repellent. cost about $65-45 depending on if you catch them on sale!! I have
put a pair thru the mill and they are still in good shape. I would seriously
think about leaving the BDU's at home.
	I have seen the RR pantsand they offer shorts too, in campmore cataloge
and other places like REI, and GOP.

Good luck
Brent
bbforbis@eos.ncsu.edu