Re: [at-l] Trangia Westwind Stove "test" results

At 09:28 PM 3/26/97 PST, Jim Mayer wrote:
>Test conclusions:
>
>The stove is light, convenient, environmentally correct, and slow as
>molasses.  I'm going to try it out this summer.  I think it will suit me
>just fine.

I should add that some other folks I've talked to have different
impressions of the speed of Trangia stoves.  They were not using the
Westwind, but since all Trangia stoves use the same burner I would assume
performaces should be similar.

Possible sources of differences:

(1) stove design
(2) alcohol type and quality
(3) water and air temperature
(4) "boil time" vs. "cook time"
(5) "boil time" vs. "prime gas stove and boil time"

-- Jim