[at-l] foot pain

I would try a good pair of  Danner Stitchdowns.  For support and comfort,
they are about the best you can buy.  Stitchdown versions have a solid six
layer platform with an airthotic insole in the heel for extra support and
comfort.  A good pair of hikers will cost you about $180-225, but they can be
resoled if you ever wear out the outsole.  I would recommend a pair with the
vibram kletterlift outsole.  Danner is headquartered in Portland,
Oregon...not sure of the toll free number, but I know the direct dial number
is (503) 251-1100.