[at-l] Re: An argument for a light pack

>It appears that much of the discussion about light pack seems centered =
>around the desire to hike more miles each day.  I've read Ray's book and =
>he does center much of his discussion around this topic.

Ron -
Allow me to add my 2 cents.  From my perspective a major reason for
carrying a light pack is that there's a direct relationship between pack
weight and the probability of injury.   There are examples in the journals
on Wingfoots page - and unfortunately there'll be a lot more to come.

Walk softly - and lightly,
Jim