RE: [at-l] silk bag liners

Raven,

I don't think I'd take the 10 degree improvement in the sleeping bag =
rating to the bank.  The bulk of the warmth comes from adding another =
layer of dead air between the liner and the bag.  I doubt the liner =
itself adds significant warmth.  The other problem is that there are no =
industry standards for sleeping bag warmth. =20

It would be nice if the industry setup a standard like R-Value and had =
an independent third party verify it. =20

Ron Moak