Re: [at-l] Serious questions about going lite

I can't say that I went ultra light on every in my pack, as I carried the
2" long thermarest (Ahh!  What comfort!), and I couldn't bring myself to
mutilating my brand new pack,  but I did eat about the same as Big E.  I
ate light on the trail and big in towns.  But I had three oatmeals for
breakfast, one Lipton noodles for lunch (this is the way I forced myself
to take a break) and two Liptons for supper.  Lipton's were nice because
I could easily figure out how many I needed.   Snacks are heavy and most
people end up eating them when they're bored in the shelter anyway, so I
never carried snacks.   I want everyone to know that I gained five pounds
on the trail.

This type of eating is terrible nutrition wise, but now that I'm home I
am eating the best I can to make up for the six months depravation.  But
it was worth it.

Gutsy