[at-l] Big miles and hikin' my own hike.

Before JipC left on her trip, she sent me her itinerary. I looked at her
planned miles for the first week or so and thought "I go crazy (crazier)
if I only did 7 miles a day for two weeks" Then I read Jason's (Is that
the journal in question?) journal and thought " Thats exactly how I hiked
that section" I am more comfortable doing 13-18 miles a day. I don't do
it for any other reason than that is what I feel most comfortable doing.
Not testosterone. Not what someone else thinks of me (I usually am
alone). And not for the money. I don't think Jason was in anyway bragging
or anything else. I agree with Rosie's suggestion to not be intimidated
by someone elses miles, but don't slam Jason, or the rest of us, in doing
it.

As far as hiking your own hike: What you consider to be your own hike
will change several times on the trip. Do whatever feels right at the
time. If there is someone you like hiking with, you'll change your pace
to keep hiking with them. That has become your hike...

So, I sez to Lulu, I sez "You see those two dogs yonder?" Lulu perked her
ears a bit and asked...
--
Felix

It ain't much, but try http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/index.html