Re: [at-l] bad lag pain on weekend trip

l.
>        My question to you all is, has anyone had this happen before? I've
>had knee pain, and really sore muscles, but this was nothing like that and
>very bad. I have some thoughts as to the casues, but I would like to hear
>other ides on the subject.

Hey Chris,

Same thing has happened to me this winter on long hikes but on the outer
side of my knee.  Usually a day of rest and I'm almost as good as new, but
really hobbles me on hikes longer than 6-7 miles.  Have been to the doc and
he has me on an aggressive exercise/stretching program for quads,
hamstrings, calves, and ITB (Illio-tibia-band or something like that).  I
am going on a long hike over Easter Week and really praying it will be ok,
but somewhat apprehensive - will let you know if the exercise works.

Patty
Eagles Mere, PA