[at-l] Serious questions about going lite

Hiyall...
I'd like to hear some serious talk about just how lite many hikers go.
In other places, I've heard people who forego TP.  Are they really
using ferns and foilage or what?

Other than the few ounces involved, what are the advantages to omiting
underwear?  And other than 'spots' what are the disadvantages?

When you dumped your stove, Maine Rose, just exactly what did you eat?

I'm trying hard to cut back...but I have years of low milage, weekend
trip, habits to break.

For instance, right now, I'm trying to figure out how to have a warm
layer, a wind/wet layer, camp clothes and sleep clothes and still stay
under forty pounds with five days of food and three liters of water.
I've packed and unpacked my fleece pants a dozen times.  I'm buying
clothes a size too small just to cut some ozs.

And about  food...no one ever says what food they take and how much.
I realize that food consumption amounts vary from person to person,
but what does an average day's food look like.  Previously, I rarely
hiked hard enough to really get hungry, and didn't take much food.
But I can see the problems involved in low energy on day four or five.

None of this stuff used to be important to me.  We always just loaded
up and went until we were tired and then stopped.  But this idea of
commiting to a goal and doing what's necessary to reach it is kinda
catching.

So ...anyone to tell the true skinny about Friar Tuck's Thru Hiker
Attitude?					Kahley