Re: [at-l] Whisperlite & fuel use

At 08:15 PM 3/17/97 -0500, Tony Roberts wrote:

>I'm concerned that my Whisperlite stove is using too much fuel. Over the
>months I've seen posts that indicate that a 22 oz. bottle of fuel should
>last for quite a few days.
>
>However, I was out this weekend with a full 22 oz. bottle.  I used the
>stove Saturday and Sunday morning to boil a quart of water for coffee and
>hot chocolate. That's it. Checking my fuel bottle, I find it's now half empty.
>

>Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Tony, I did the same thing this weekend and I only used a small amount of
fuel from an 11 oz. bottle. I suspect your stove has a K jet in it
(kerosene). They have a larger orifice than the one for Coleman fuel. It
will actually work very well in the stove but does eat up the fuel. It
should be marked with a K but if it isn't, you could compare it to the one
in the regular Whisperlite  repair kit.

Ralph