Re: [at-l] Blackhorse Gap to Daleville....Peggy

>J R Davidson III wrote:
>
> Saturday I walked from Blackhorse Gap to Daleville with Chase.
 > Peggy has a tent set
> up inside the shelter and is using over half of the floor >space. Although
> she offered to make room as we approached (just for a register check) and
<snip>
> I rarely use shelters I wish she would camp in the forest instead of
> living for months in shelters.

	I must agree with my brother. The Shelters should not be used by anyone
for more than TWO Days, excepting for emergencys. There are thousands of
places to tent camp ...out of the way.
	Peggy is the second Shelter resident I have met. Just north of the
Shenandoah at the Denton Shelter there was a Jewish Rabbi (self
proclaimed) that had a lengthy stay some years back. Many hikers
especially women bypassed this section that year. I was warned by a
north bounder 100 miles before I met this character. This dude gave me
his life history in the 20 minuets I was there. His wife wanted him to
commit himself for child abuse (his own daughter) but he said "I'm not
going thru that again". Apparently once before he had tried to douse
himslef with gasoline......."but they could only get me for gas in an
ilegial container"...
	My hike continued after the brisk 14 miler with Woodelf. First night I
camped on top of Apple Orchard Mnt. Sunday I put out a fire at
Cornilious Creek shelter (Scouts where leaving as I arrived...note creek
50 feet away and fire not dowsed). Had lunch at Bryant Ridge Shelter and
continued to Cove mnt Shelter for last night. Today Monday, it was a
hike to Black Horse Gap and home to a hot tub of water. Mark me down for
another 35 miles of good OL Virginia 97.

chase

--
http://www.neocomm.net/~cdavidso/chat.html    New and Improved  :-)
http://www.neocomm.net/~cdavidso              and possibly working