Re: [at-l] Mysteries of backpacking

>Good information on bear-bagging.  I've read where the food storage bag
>should be made of heavy, paw-proof material.  It seems to me that a
>racoon/squirrel/bear will be able to rip into most any bag they get ahold of.
> Do you use a heavy one or just a lightweight nylon stuffbag?  Thanks.

>Don
>(goin' there, doin' that)

Don-

	For those not-so-weight-conscious people on the list here's what I
found works. - Next time you stumble across a friendly militia member (Be it
from Waco or any number of other nice southern towns)  sneak up from behind and
beat em over the head with your Leki. Don't hut him, just stun him enought to
take his bulletproof kevlar bodysuit (aka California shooting)  oce you sew the
arm and leg holes together you can fill it up like a pin~ata.

	Why has this method worked so well for me??  I don't think that it's
because it is tough for the bears to break into....it's just that when you hang
it from a tree it looks like someone hung themsevles -- I think it scares the
bear away.

OK, enogh of my dark, sick & twisted humor......

enjoy your weekend everyone....

-chris c|\sciano
http://www.rit.edu/~cac6982/