Re: [at-l] Mysteries of backpacking

>Good information on bear-bagging.  I've read where the food storage bag
>should be made of heavy, paw-proof material.  It seems to me that a
>racoon/squirrel/bear will be able to rip into most any bag they get ahold of.
> Do you use a heavy one or just a lightweight nylon stuffbag?  Thanks.
>
>Don
>(goin' there, doin' that)

i just use my sleeping bag stuff sack, since by the time i've got my food
ready to hang, my bag is usually out.  i carry my food in my pack in a
plastic shopping bag and just put this whole thing in my stuff sack.
works great unless i have TONS of food.  in that case it's just time to
eat some more. :0)

later

nater

--
     ...every color, and class, and rank; high officials and
          the beggar alike - all snored in the same language.