[at-l] cameras

I've got an opportunity to pick up a Minolta 70EX for a reduced price, but I
need to act today (it's an on-line auction... kinda neat, check it out at
www.onsale.com)

This thing has zoom, autofocus, built-in flash, timer and some other fun
stuff and weighs 9 oz.  I'm just looking for a nice little point and shoot
for my hike (yes I know I've got a couple years yet, but you can't gear shop
too soon!  :-), no really special needs.  I was just wondering if I could
get a comparable camera at a lighter weight.  What does the Elph weigh,
anyway?

Thanks!
Jennifer
parisi1@brwhcc3.hcc.com