[at-l] More on Peggy

The news about Peggy was eye awakening to me.  I guess she really wants
her freedom.  I asked a local maintainer about Peggy.  The reply:

" Yes, Peggy has become a very well known figure to area hikers, Parkway
     officers, and Jefferson law enforcement people.  In addition to
     Fulheart Knob, she has taken over the Wilson Creek and Corneilus
Creek
     shelters.  From what I have heard, she does have a way of making
     people feel uncomfortable.  I personally have not had an encounter
     with her.

    At least she has not discovered Bryant Ridge yet.

 She seems to stay at one shelter for extended periods, perhaps months,
     probably until she is run out by law enforcement types, where upon
she
     selects another nearby site.  Your AT-L message said she was at
     Fulheart Knob.  The last I had heard of her, I believe back toward
     November, she was at Wilson Creek.  (Both of those sites are out of
     our AT responsiblity, and are in the Roanoke section.)"

Peter Lascell                                 Forest, VA
        w4wwq@juno.com