Re: [at-l] Dehydrators and such

If you have a blender try making filex rollup by draining the juice off a
can of fruit cocktail and then mushing it up in the blender (pardon the
technical cooking terms). Spoon it onto the solid tray  and dry it for
several hours. The amount of time depends on how thin or thick you
spread it ( thicker is better I think) and how chew or crunchy you like
it to be. We have made apple, peach and mixed fruit (cocktail) rollups.

Spaghetti sauce works out great. We use those Romen noodles in stead of
real spaghetti pasta because it packs well and cooks in less time so it
saves fuel. We put the sauce in the cold water and let it reconstitute
while the water come to a boil, then we pump in the rogain noodles,
maybe that's romen noodles. Total cooking time is under 10 minutes and
we had enough for four people.

I keep a file on food ideas. I would be interested in anybody's favorite
they would be willing to share. Hopeful