Re: [at-l] Dehydrators, Peggy of Roanoke, and approach to Springer

David,

The guy to talk to about "Peggy" is Homer Witcher, an AT maintainer with
the Roanoke AT club and a shuttle provider who lives in Daleville. I forget
his phone number, but he's in the book. He's been involved with several
efforts to get her out of the trail shelter and into a homeless shelter,
but she keeps coming back. He has helped her down from the shelter,
carrying her gear (which she accumulates gradually until it's more than she
can lug, but which she won't abandon) on some days when it looked like
life-threatening cold snaps were due in the area. No one really knows what
to do, I suspect.

Robert

.>I got my dehydrator at Service Merchandise,  38.00 plus some extra trays.