[at-l] Dehydrators, Peggy of Roanoke, and approach to Springer

I got my dehydrator at Service Merchandise,  38.00 plus some extra trays.
 Makes
great Jerky!!  I think Walmart or K-Mart has them also.  Mine is a Mr. Coffee
brand,  go figure?!?,  so you should be able to get one at a store that
carries this brand.  They could order one if they don't stock it.

I went out Friday morning to Bearwallow Gap,  just south of Peaks of Otter
near Roanoke and hiked to Fullhardt Knob for the night.  Peggy was staying in
the shelter and had been for several months.  She is very nice,  but has a
screw loose.
What do Larry Flynt,  Prince Edward,  The Czar and Czaress of Russia have in
common?-  I don't know but Peggy does!  Does anyone have any info on this
interesting lady who has been  habitating this part of the trail for several
years?  Anyway,  I left Peggy and hiked down to Troutville,  met my brother
and
we hiked up to Lamberts Meadow and down the Andy Layne Trail to my car.  What
a long, but,  beautiful two days.

As for those who are starting out,  I could see any other way to begin the
long
walk but the approach trail from the Amicola Falls.  But hey,  I not starting
out on the long walk, am I.

Regards,

David Craft
Greensboro,  NC