Re: [at-l] New Boots

Steve Dopp said:

>I bought a pair of Moraines for the same reason.  One of my feet is 1/2 size
>larger than the other.  The softness of the Moraine's leather allows me to
>compensate for my odd-sized feet by allowing me to tie one boot tighter than
>the other.  I would have rather bought Raichle Montagnas boot the leather
>was too stiff to allow me to use this trick.
>Too bad.  I really like the Montagnas.

Steve,
The Moraines will probably be a better choice. I have had a pair of Raichle
Montagnas for about 5 years now. They are excellent boots BUT- it took me
over a year to get them really broken in. They are like boards and I am not
that heavy. Also, my pair of 8s weigh 5.5 lbs. At the end of a long day they
feel like 100 lbs. I am looking for something lighter but I need all the
support I can get for my little 7 1/2 size feet. The Moraines seem like a
much better solution in my book. Oh, Randy Merrell makes a fine custom boot
for people with different sized feet if you can stand the cost - well worth
it from what I hear and also a good excuse to take a trip to Utah.

Ralph