Re: [at-l] New Boots

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Steve Dopp wrote:

> I bought a pair of Moraines for the same reason.  One of my feet is 1/2 size
> larger than the other.  The softness of the Moraine's leather allows me to
> compensate for my odd-sized feet by allowing me to tie one boot tighter than
> the other.  I would have rather bought Raichle Montagnas boot the leather
> was too stiff to allow me to use this trick.
> Too bad.  I really like the Montagnas.

Steve, Thanks for the comments. I talked to REI on the phone this morning
and the boot guy said to try a progressively tighter lacing, looser (sic?)
across the foot and tighter up the ankle. He said to wear them around for
a couple of days and I was wasn't happy they would certainly take them
back...their liberal return policy and all.

Problem is they don't really have any other boot I want so I would have to
go the mail order route and I don't like that option for boots. I wish I
had smaller, more normal, feet. The clerk said people who need boots in
size 13 and up tend to be harder to fit. Can't imagine why...

Later,
Milt

 --
    Milt WeBB - IQ Software Corporation - 3295 River Exchange Drive
     Norcross, Georgia USA 30092 - 770/446-8880x245 - www.iqsc.com