[at-l] Re: Collecting gear

Coy Boy wrote:
(snip)
Has anyone considered military > Meals-Ready-To-Eat (MRE's)?
They are available at military surplus stores > at reasonable prices
($3.00-$6.00) each and they are engineered for high > nutrition, fairly
lightweight, and spacesaving.  There are 12 different > meals in a case.
They are my food of choice for backpacking.  I really > enjoy reading

My experience with MRE's is limited but the last time I ate one it
seemed to leave a lot of packaging after the fact.  Don't they each
include a spoon, napkin, etc.?  Kind of wasteful and that's just
more stuff to pack out.  Plus, at $3-$6/meal, that's not that cheap
considering the length of a thru.  FWIW,

Jason