Re: [at-l] THIS LIST

> I just have to say that it is the oddest feeling to finally be in
> communication with people who not only know what the AT is, but have intimate
> knowledge of it.  For many many years I have been telling people that I was
> planning to hike the AT.  "The What?" they would ask.  "The Appalachian
> Trail" I would clarify.  They would respond "Oh wow, that's really cool.  How
> long does that take???  A couple of weeks???"

Hahahaha! I had almost the same conversation a few weeks ago with my
boyfriend's college pal from Boston. I told him I was hiking the AT next
year and he said "oh. that's neat" I said "yeah, it'll be great!" and he
said, "what is it, like 50 miles?" ahahha you should have seen his face
when i said "no, 2160!" :)

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven