Re: [at-l] Re: Rain Gear

<< or I can go the 40.00 rain parka route like the
 Columbia. >>

my past experience with columbia (pre-hiking psychosis...during those ski
dayz) is that with anything but the coldest, bounciest snow the material will
act like a SPONGE.  with the amount of falling water the AT sees i'd spend a
little extra and stay somewhat dry.

fwiw, i got my montbell tempest parka for like 120 (from a 220+ retail) out
of the sierra trading post catalog and LOVE it--lightweight, durable and has
seen me through the crappiest adirondack weather (it gets pretty crappy up
here, but OH the adirondack blue on nice days...reward).  i also splurged and
paid retail for the matching 6oz pants and they have been awesome too.  roll
up to a ball smaller than my fist and are equally as bomber.

pooom