[at-l] gear ?'s

I plan to leave Springer on 3/31 and still have a few gear choices to make.
 I am hoping that some of the expert advice I read on this list will help me
out.  Thanks in advance for any sugestions, Matt.

1) Rain Gear- I have a North Face gore tex mountain jacket and a cheap coated
nylon rain jacket.  The NF is a heavier than I think I need, but would it be
a wise choice to carry it through the Smokies then switch it for the nylon
coat?  Also are fully waterproof rain pants necessary or can I get by with
nylon shell wind pants for rain and cool weather?

2)Stoves- I already own a stove (Peak1 feather400) that has worked OK for me
in the past, but I can't decide if should upgrade to a lighter stove that
also burns unleaded?