Re: [at-l] Blister Prevention

Michael Connick wrote:

> They also say to tape the area where blisters tend to appear with breathable
> medical or sports tape. This is supposed to prevent blistering and help toughen
> the skin in the area. Anyone tried that?

Mike,
I try very very hard not to get blisters. They are too hard to treat
once you get 'em. To prevent them I try to change my socks at most
stops and keep my feet clean. If I notice a hot spot, I'll stop and
tape it immediatly with 100 MPH tape.
Unlike you I'm not an ultralite hiker, and I seldom hiked greater
than 20 in a day so YMMV.

bob
25 daze