Re: [at-l] Call me gearhead...

> > ...but I just had my first REI experience yesterday in College Park,
MD. I had to join.

It's a hell of a deal, sounds like you made your membership cost back
in dividend on the first trip.

Here's my latest gear happenings:

I got my REI dividend a few days ago, $120. Do you understand the
implications of this? That's $1120.00 in exspenditures in a year. Now I'll
admit that I didn't shell out all that cash myself (the parentals use
my mebership number when making purchases) but I'm happy as can be! And
here's my dilemma, I need to still pick up a new footprint for my Clip
Flashlight, some Gtex rainpants, Eastons, Thorlos, and new pair of
lightweight boots. I can hike between now and when I leave without the
rainpants or lightweights, but if I use my dividend before sometime in
March I get an extra 10% off the first item I use it for so.............
So it makes sense to buy the most expensive thing I still need, that way I
maximize my discount, but that's probably the pants, maybe $155 to $175
and the discount makes them in the $140 -$160 range, the dividend covers
$120........so what you say, so I'm so broke right now I'm eating pasta
and beans and rice five meals a week, I can't shell out the difference
it's killing me, thet fact that REI is about a ten minute drive from my
house is even worse, ahh the ravings of an addict.........

Will Strickland -ANTELOPE- ME->GA '97
"May the four winds blow you safely home..."
  -- Grateful Dead--
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu