[at-l] Retire at 47????

> > I'll be 47 when I retire, I'll still have to find another job ...
>
> Hey, I'm 47!!! How'd you pull that off? (Just kiddin')
>
> -Milt

	I had the feeling when I wrote that I can retire at 47 that this would
possibly confuse alot of people.  So let me explain.  Although I can
retire from my current carreer (Police Officer) at 47 it is not the
means to the end. I will still have to find another job, carreer, etc.
If all goes well I can retire after 20 years with my PD.  I was in the
Marine Corps for 4 years before that.  I've been working on my wife now
for the past three years on my intentions for a thru hike in 2004.  I
really don't know if she's starting to accept the idea or she just
doesn't pay that much attention to me anymore when I start to babble
about it.  I can stay on as a police officer for as long as I want but
if all goes well and I can swing it I'm outa there and on the trail in
2004.

I would be glad to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

Andy (Strider)