Re: [at-l] re: pros and cons

HOLD IT.!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Ya'll have lost the rope some where along the way.!!!

  I prefer "Trail Magic" beer; more filling, less weight (some one else
carrys it in, who cares if it's in titanium or not)..... ;->

At 04:00 PM 2/24/97 -0800, you wrote:
>alan wrote:
>
>>> As you can see, the pros and the cons were a dead heat.<<
>
>and Chris wrote:
>
>>> Well, If you allow the Pro shop guy to go the the store before you leave
>and
>pick up a 6 pack of _____insert yur favorite beer here______  you will
>find, as
>I have, that the pros do in fact out weight the cons.<<
>

>ok, allow me to explain.
>
>chris has fallen into the age-old more-is-better fallacy;  easy to do, i
>know.  what you need to do here is compare *thruhiker* pros and cons, to wit:
>
>take one really professional thruhiker, say, ahh, ummm.... ME!
>
>ke kaahawe:   135
>six pack:       5  (titanium cans of course)
>
>total:        140
>
>now take a thruhiker-type con, like say... Felix.
>
>Felix:        200  (difficult to judge cos i had a hard time holding him
>down on the veterinarian scale)
>5 gals beans:  40
>dogs (2)      120  (one largeish lab type, one smallish beagle type)
>umbrella:       1
>
>total:        361
>
>as you can see the weight of the pros is nearly a third that of the cons.
>as any good ounce-weenie knows, take the lighter item.
>
>as for getting them in the pack, a dehydrator works wonders.  jeff m. has
>already begun by drying all the beans, but jeff...  c'mon guy, you're
>drying the heavier items... you're barking up the wrong tree, except that
>in this case the tree is really a rope.  to keep everything tightly packed,
>cap off with the diaphragm...
>
>any questions?
>
>mike
>ke kaahawe
>
> .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .
>
>Michael Henderson		mikeh@royalrobbins.com
>
>Success is a state of mind that anyone can use to climb their own
>mountains.  -- Royal Robbins
http://www.hack.net/lists *

    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure