[at-l] Boot question

Ah, should've asked this one a while ago. I've been dayhiking in boots (I
don't even remember the name: it's a low-end Vasque) that are super-comfy,
mixed leather and synthetic fabric. I plan to use 'em for my 9-day hike.
Should I hit them with some kind of coating like Nikwax or some such? While
I don't expect to do much in the way of stream fording on the ridge top, I'm
sure spring thaw will leave lots of little runs and mud puddles everywhere.

Sandy
GA->ME 1999	<downs@nb.net>    Visit Cyberwall! http://www.nb.net/~downs/