[at-l] New to the list

Hello everyone,
	First of I would like to introduce myself to the list. My name is
Andrew Meislahn, I live in Goshen, New York just 20 minutes form the AT.
I have hiked the trail from Route 94 in New Jersey to the Bear Mountain
Bridge. No great distance by any means, all were only day hikes. I have
met around twenty thru hikers during these hikes, read all the trail
registers I can get my hands on. I love speaking with thru hikers as it
is my dream to do a thru hike when I retire in 2004. I have purchased
alot of gear, and will start my overnights very shortly as the weather
is starting to turn. To get the feel of a full pack I have loaded 50 lbs
of gear into my backpack and went on a couple of day hikes. I only
purchased the gear at the end of the year I really didn't want to do an
overnight during the winter. Let me tell you it's alot more work hiking
with that pack than people know. After about 8 miles when I took the
pack off I felt like I was floating as I walked without the pack. I'll
be 47 when I retire, I'll still have to find another job but I'm gona
take a very long walk between them. I'm pshyced to really start a
backpacking career and look forward to this list and maybe seeing a few
of you on the trail this Summer.

You can call me ,
Strider