Re: [at-l] More on arthritis .. a home cure?

In a message dated 97-02-24 11:40:07 EST, NEWMAN@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU (John
Newman) writes:

<< I have heard it said that a compress of freshly cooked pintos beans
applied
 to the afflicted joint can do wonders for relieving inflammation pain caused

 by arthritis.  Navy beans work very well, too, but some people experience
 nausea akin to seasickness when these smaller and paler cousins of the
pintos
 are used.........When suitable dried beans can't be found, Pork 'n Beans can
be heated in a titanium skillet over an alcohol flame and applied directly to
the painful
joint.  Cover with closed-cell foam.  Use a rope to tie the dogs away from
yourself as the sauce in the Pork 'n Beans tends to attrack the beasts. >>

I can't believe there is another Felix-type out there.  Damn, just when I'm
getting ready to sign off the list and start hiking!

Marty