[at-l] question for winter campers

For all those winter campers out there...
	I have been talking with others about this and it is time for the
group to hear my question.  With reguards to the sleeping bags and
keeping warm in them.

Some people believe that you shouldn't wear anything more than necissary
for the bag to do it's job of keeping you warm.

While others believe that a good base layer is needed to help you stay
warm when it gets to the point of really really cold.

So the question is, who is right?  The reason I bring this up is due to
in part this weekend.  My bag is rated at 20 degree (or 15) and it got to
right around freezing this weekend.  Even in the tent with a pad under
me, I was still kinda cold.  I even had on my lightweight capline undies
on.  What is the correct approach to handing this colder question?

-=phil

--
|promans@sloth.loyola.edu |  www.cs.loyola.edu/~promans      Philmont |