Re: [at-l] goals and philosophy

>I wonder why finishing a thru-hike is so important to people.  Enough to
>make a significant distinction between those who do it in one shot and
>those to do it in several parts.
>
>Any thoughts on why it is so important to get to the finish line?
>
>-jeff

This is just a personal thing with me, but I find that it *is* important for
me to make it to Katahdin because I have a nasty habit of starting things
and not finishing them (things outside of work anyway).  Mind you, if
anything really bad happens and I don't finish, well, that would suck. :(
I'd much prefer to think that I will finish!  You know, it's good for morale
and all that stuff.... :))

Cindi