[at-l] batteries

Frank had written:

>>Lithium cells are 3 volts instead of the traditional 1.5 volts.  If
>>you substitute them directly for alkaline cells, your device will
>>be smoked!     That's why most lithium cells come in sizes different
>>from ordinary          flashlight cells.

>>I've heard about a new type of 1.5-volt
>>lithium cell; haven't seen any, and  don't know about their relative
>>energy-capacity.

Well, I just went and dug the packaging out of the garbage for the
batteries that I bought.  I must have lucked out and found these
"newer" batteries that you mentioned, Frank.  The package says
that they are 1.5 Volt and their specific words are: "Replaces
all AA size batteries".  So I guess I'm safe.  It also claims
that they last 3 times as long as alkaline batteries, weigh
less than any other AA battery,  and that they perform
even in the most extreme temperatures from -40F to 140F.

I guess I hit a gold mine.  They were $4.99 for a package
of 2 if anybody else is interested.  I got them at a local Office
Max store.

Rachel