[at-l] Quote

Found this in a 1972 National Geographic Society book on the trail.

From Ronald M. Fisher
=== The final words of advice I leave to John Kieran, who wrote on walking
in 1953: "Take to the woods on windy days.  It's quiter there.  Keep your
ears open.  You can always hear more birds than you can see.  Keep your
eyes open.  There are flowers in bloom through most months of the year,
and trees are as intresting even in the early spring as they are in
summer... Take the sun over your shoulder for the best views.  Avoid
slippery footing as yo uwould the plague, and don't sit on damp ground.
Keep walking."

-=phil

--
|promans@sloth.loyola.edu |  www.cs.loyola.edu/~promans      Philmont |