[at-l] Bear stuff...

Hi guys;

Does anyone here know whether "marking" your territory when camping in bear
country does anything towards keeping them away?  I read a post on
backpack-l where someone said they thought that this may possibly contribute
to the male bear becoming more protective of his space and cause him to be
more aggressive, while it may tend to keep female bears away.  Any truth to
this?  I'm not above watering the plants selectively if it works! <g>

Take care,
Cindi